Words can create magic and I want to get lost in them for some part of each day.

November 23, 2012

From the diary of my Mother.

Windows
are my desire to have a piece of the Sky
a shaft of Golden Light
Air -
to ventilate
the dark nooks and crannies
of my cloistered mind
Curtains (white,starched)
are my need to shut out the world.
the mad,the bad and the unexpected -
the storms and the Peeping Toms.
I want to Cross -
God knows I do :
but on my terms
To step out
you need Doorways
but for now
I am happy
with just
a Window
and a Curtain.
Maybe  I
should have changed into a Cat
a Cat door would
suit me
so much better.
There is no fuss then
about all
the comings and goings  
and all the ways would be mine.
Is the possibility of an Exit
a sufficient deterrent
or the ease of Entrance ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

blog comments powered by Disqus